Saturday, June 16, 2018

Thank you


To my best friend who told me she hated me because I could write and draw and do something that she couldn’t do,
Thank you for making me question my inner talent and belief in myself.
To those that have made me feel lesser for wanting to perfect my craft instead of cleaning the house,
Thank you for helping me build my resolve to follow my dreams and listen to my heart.
To those that have told me I was rude and inconsiderate for giving a compliment,
Thank you for teaching me that not everyone deserves praise even when it’s heartfelt.
To the employer that told me publishing a book I spent the better part of my life writing was the reason for not being hired,
Thank you for reminding of where my priorities lay.
To the man who told me I made bad decisions after being laid off for the seventh time in eight years,
Thank you for reminding me of what direction I should take.
To those that have held me down when I have fallen hard and could not get back up,
Thank you for testing my inner strength and reason to carry on.
For those that have sat with me in the darkness and loved me when I didn’t even like myself,
Thank you for reminding me of who I am and what I am capable of.

6/16/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment